You will be automatically redirected in a few moments
Latest News


How many people wear dentures?

How many people wear dentures?

Author: Canadian Dentures/Tuesday, April 14, 2015/Categories: News

While most people associate tooth loss with age, we have treated patients from the age of 11 - 107. Many people are surprised to hear how many people actually wear dentures. 

Believe it or not, we have had patients where their  spouses don't even know that they wear dentures! According to the American College of Prosthodontists,  35 million Americans do not have any teeth and 178 million people are missing at least one tooth.These figures are expected to grow in the next two decades due to our aging population. 

11% of the American population requires the use of a complete denture. We estimate that another 5% of the population wears a partial denture, meaning that 16% of the population or approximately 1 in 7 people wear dentures. We believe that in Canada the ratio is very close to that seen in the USA. 

If you wear dentures, you are not alone and we are here to help. At Canadian Denture & Implant Centres we have helped thousands of people regain their confidence by providing high quality dentures. 

Tooth loss generally is the result of decay, gum disease, injury, cancer or simply wear. In the USA, the ratio of edentulous individuals is 2 to 1. It is only interesting to note that 90% of the edentulous population has dentures, the other 10% is at a health disadvantage as they are not able to chew food properly. In Canada, we believe that more than 90% of the edentulous population has dentures due to health coverage. 

Next time you're walking down the street, think to yourself... 1 in 7 people I see are wearing a dental appliance or dentures.

We are in an interesting business where we know we've done our job right when nobody can tell!  If you are looking for a high quality denture in Calgary, book your free consultation with one of our denture specialists today. Dental Implants definitely give us the most ability to provide patients with the ideal restoration as teeth are firmly secured and they prevent bone resorption

Contact Us

Contact Us   -   Book an appointment 

Visit one of our locations

Calgary Northwest - Northland Professional Building   
206 – 4600 Crowchild Trail NW, Calgary, AB, T3A 2L6
Call us today 403.771.3368

(Serving Calgary Communities such as Rocky Ridge, Citadel, Royal Oak, Arbour Lake, Scenic Acres, Tuscany, Edgemont, Hawkwood, Hidden Valley, Hamptons, Brentwood, Dalhousie, Bowness, Ranchlands, Varsity, Charleswood, Montgomery and Surrounding Areas such as Cochrane, Airdrie, Sundre, Olds, Balzac, Crossfield, Didsbury, Bowden, Innisfail and Bragg Creek) 

 

Calgary Southeast - Riverbend Square

 

428 – 8338 18th Street SE, Calgary, AB, T2C 4E4

Call us today 403.236.2992


(Serving Calgary Communities
 such as Riverbend, Ogden, Dover, Erin Woods, Forest Lawn, Ramsay, Elbow, Acadia, Haysboro, Willow Park, Maple Ridge, Lake Bonavista,  Quarry Park, Mckenzie Towne, Mckenzie Lake, Deer Ridge, Southwood, Canyon Meadows and Surrounding Areas such as Chestermere, Langdon,  Stathmore, Lyalta, Carseland, Gleichen, Okotoks, De Winton, High River, Vulcan, Picture Butte,  and Brooks) 


Print

Number of views (3542)/Comments (0)

Call Us Today:
(403)-771-3368